Building Mind-Blowing Relationships For Mind-Blowing Results; Rev. Sam Oye
Ecclesiastes 4:9: “Two are better than one because they have a good return for their work”
You cannot do mind-blowing things all by yourself. You need to be intentional about the people you associate and relate with.
Common sense is necessary for building mind-blowing relationships. Those who cannot delay gratification lack common sense.
- Common sense tells you to practice discretion when it comes to disclosure.
- Common sense tells you that there are some battles you have to lose in order to win the war.
There are types of common sense required for building qualitative relationships.
- Common Interest: Amos 3:3 “Can two work together unless they agree?”
Never build long term relationships with someone who doesn’t share similar values, passion, commitment and interests. Paul and Barnabas were brought together by God but they went their separate ways because they lacked common interest.
- Unconditional acceptance: John 1:11 “He came to that which was his own but his own did not receive him”.
Offer unconditional acceptance and make sure you receive it. If you aren’t accepted, don’t force yourself into anyone’s life. Your greatness is amplified in the atmosphere of recognition.
- Always celebrate uniqueness: Success begins with embracing your uniqueness. The first rule of success is “Be yourself”.
We are not equally attractive but we all carry value. We all have our individual uniqueness. It is critical to understand that for the success of relationships, we must celebrate our partner’s uniqueness.
Listen to the full sermon here https://youtu.be/pHvd9OsLCBQ