COVENANT SECRETS FOR EXTRAORDINARY KINGDOM SERVICE GREAT GRACE! [Part 2]
Minister: Rev’d Sam Oye
Exodus 23:25-28 (ESV)
Topic: COVENANT SECRETS FOR EXTRAORDINARY KINGDOM SERVICE GREAT GRACE!
SEVEN THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND ABOUT GOD.
- God made me- It is important to note that because you didn’t make you. Father and Mum didn’t make you, your university didn’t make you, your training or career didn’t make you, nothing else made but God. Man didn’t make you.
- God endowed you- You beauty, your intellect, your eloquence, your creativity, all is on God, He and only He endowed you. Job 32:8 (KJV)– But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.
- God protects you- It is not your security cameras, it is not your dogs, it is not even your environment, God protects you. He is the reason why you have been preserved and shielded. God is the reason why you have an edge around you. God is the one keeping vigil over you. Psalm 121 :4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
- God sustains you- I cannot tell how you survive the adversity you experienced, it is God who helped to keep your mind right. If it is not God holding your mind together, how do you think you survived all you did without a trauma that can destroy you? God sustained you.
- God Loves you- If we looked back at what we have done, what we have put our hands into, the kinds of wrong that we have done, God loves you in spite of it all.
- God redeemed you- Romans 5:8 (KJV) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Despite being the one who offended God he still came after you and redeemed you. The offended paid the price for the offender to be set free. The offended came to die the death that the offender should have died, the offended paid the price that the offender should have paid. This God redeemed you.
- God favours you- The race has not been for the mighty, it has been the favour of God that gave you an edge. You are not the most qualified of persons, but you still got the job, you are not the most brilliant, it is not how fast you are running, it has been the favour of God. Is there anyone here who wants to say I did not fight, na God fight for me. When you look at your results, you know it is not the result of your effort. Favour has amplified your face, it has amplified your work. You didn’t do that much but look at your results, somebody day favour.
And so, you may be tempted to ask, why has God done all of these for you, it is because God owns you. Ask yourself, who owns you? Cant you see that what is happening in your life suggests that no one owns you. Because God made you, He is responsible for you. Stop living on your own. Stop limiting God to being your saviour, let him be you Lord. So, God did all these seven things because he owns you. The proof that God owns you is that you serve Him.
Surrender yourself to service to God. The only way to prove ownership of God over you is that you serve Him, worshipping Him is not enough. The benefits of the father only comes on the platform of worship. Serve Him with all that He has endowed you with that you may live a long and filled life. – Exodus 23:25-26 (ESV) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us You shall serve the LORD your God, and he[a] will bless your bread and your water, and I will take sickness away from among you. 26 None shall miscarry or be barren in your land; I will fulfill the number of your days.
We all want God’s blessings without fulfilling the major requirement which is service. You were made for service. Everything God has given you, everything He has blessed you, the ultimate end of all blessings is service. Service is the purpose for existence. Service is not a church activity, it is a covenant secret for prosperity and longevity.
If you don’t serve God, you will serve something else. It is either you serve yourself or you serve mammon. If you serve yourself, it means you are responsible for yourself because who you serve determines who pays you. The only way to show God He is your owner is to serve Him and if you don’t serve Him you will serve self. Another thing you will serve if you don’t serve God is Mammon/money. At the root of almost if not every problem in society is money, when humans serve money in place of God. This is why we have people robbing for money, prostituting themselves, kidnapping people and all sort of evil in their worship of money.
Nothing destroys the lives of individuals as much as the pursuit of money at expense of their service to God. In the world of service, there is no neutrality, everyone is serving something. You are either serving consciously or you are serving unconsciously. You have an opportunity to determine who is worthy of your service which is why Joshua can say, …choose this day… (Joshua 24:15). There is grave danger in always coming to church and having others serve you. Today before you leave the church, find a way to volunteer your service.