COVENANT SECRETS FOR EXTRAORDINARY KINGDOM SERVICE GREAT GRACE! [Part 1]
Minister: Rev’d Sam Oye
Text: Acts 16:26 (NLT), Exodus 23:25-28 (ESV)
Topic: COVENANT SECRETS FOR EXTRAORDINARY KINGDOM SERVICE GREAT GRACE!
As believers, it is easy to read this text and wonder why the promises captured here does not reflect in individuals within the believer family. The key is the first phrase in chapter 25, it says you shall serve the LORD your God…You have to serve God and serve Him. All my years of service has revealed to me that there is a clear path out of pain, out of suffering. There is a defined route to take that will help you move from where you are to where you want to be.
SEVEN THINGS TO REMEMBER ABOUT GOD.
- God made you-Your parents didn’t make you, your intellect didn’t make you, your company didn’t make you, your career didn’t make you, God made you. Its nothing else you can feel attached to, God made you.
- God endowed you- That your intellect, that your beautiful mind, that your special skill, it all comes from God. He endowed you with it all. Job 32:8 (KJV)– But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding. What is it that you have that you were not given? 1 Cor. 4:7 (KJV).
- God protects you- Your safety isn’t defined by your security apparatus, it is not determined by the location of your abode, it is not even on account of your training, it is God who protects you. It is not the kind of house you live in, it is not your security cameras or security dogs, God protects you.
- God sustains you- I cannot tell how you survive the adversity you experienced, it is God who helped to keep your mind right. If it is not God holding your mind together, how do you think you survived all you did without a trauma that can destroy you? God sustained you.
- God redeems you- The price of your salvation was paid on your behalf. Romans 5:8 (KJV) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
- God Loves you- In spite of all you did, in spite of all the evil you have done, God still loves you. God’s love is not determined by what you have done or what you didn’t do, God still loves us. Imagine how far you have done, how much you have done, what you have placed your hand in, God still loves you. Psalm 8:4 (KJV). He just loves you so. Man is who has offended God and yet the offended is the initiator of redemption, it can only be Love. You did not even apply to be redeemed, redemption sought you out even when you are most underserving, it can only be Love.
- God favoured you- You are not the smartest, yet you get the best of jobs, you are not the best, yet you are always preferred, it is because God favours you. You are new to the scene and yet your results ranks as high as the veterans in that industry.
What all of these indicates is that God owns you. He made you, you didn’t make yourself. Everything you are, everything you have, everything is because God owns you. Turn to your neighbour and say God made you! You belong to God, He created you. God made you so you can serve Him and His purpose. If the purpose of existence is the service of the creator, it follows that without or absent of service, existence is no longer needed. Existence is no longer needed if service is no longer in place. You were made to serve Him. You didn’t make you, you are not alive to serve yourself. The reason your organization pays you is because you serve them, and you serve their purpose.
Service is the key that opens the door for the continuous supply of God’s goodness. God has no interests in rebels, you cannot be in rebellion and enjoy what is meant to His children. You were made for service. Everything God has given you, everything He has blessed you, the ultimate end of all blessings is service. Service is the purpose for existence. Service is not a church activity, it is a covenant secret for prosperity and longevity. Acts 13:36 For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption. Today, find service in the house of God. Bring your blessings, all your endowments, all that your intellect into service in the house of God. Your service is to God, it is not to any human. You cannot stop or withdraw that service because you have an issue with someone in church or in your department/unit in the church, your service is to God and you cannot withdraw it. Today before you leave the church, find a way to volunteer your service.