Vacancy for a Video Editor
Are you a natural storyteller looking for your next piece of inspiration in film or video work? Our production company is looking for innovative and experienced video editor to join our editing department.
The perfect person for this job is skilled in the craft of filmmaking and understands all of the components of video production, including sound, music, visuals and point of view. In this role, you would be responsible for piecing together raw footage from the cinematographer and sound recorder to create a unique and exciting broadcast worthy video.
If you are ready to show your true editing talent to the world, our company needs you today.
- Weekly edit of videos for various platforms and format, as directed by the producer.
- Splice raw video footage together from various sources and shoots, and combine it with relevant motion graphics, sound e.t.c, and make ready for broadcast/upload.
- Evaluate edited footage to make sure it matches the story from the script and meets the narrative agenda of the producer and director of the video.
- Combine visual footage with voice-over, audio sound effects, dialogue, ambient sound and a musical soundtrack to create promotional videos for the organization.
- Ensure all editing cuts, splices, changes and additions appear seamless and natural and help the story flow more effectively in the finished product.
- Create sound effects by recording specific audio clips or choose audio effects from a database of sounds to include in the final video.
- Support in the shooting of various video projects, organizing and archiving of footage’s.
- Discuss project timeline, narrative structure, story goals and more with the director and producer as the project is edited.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree/equivalent in a related field
- Experience working with video editing and motion graphics software’s
- Experience in camera handling and lighting packages.
- Submission of a video editing reel of your best work
- Solid attention to detail