COVENANT SECRETS FOR EXTRAORDINARY KINGDOM SERVICE: THE SECRETS OF SERVICE.
Minister: Rev’d Sam Oye
Text: Exodus 23:25-28 (KJV)
Topic: COVENANT SECRETS FOR EXTRAORDINARY KINGDOM SERVICE: THE SECRETS OF SERVICE.
Again, we will start with the 7 declarations about the nature of God in relations to man.
- God made you.
- God endowed you -Whatever makes you feel special or gives you an advantage, it is God who endowed you. Everything you look like; your appearance is a deliberate design and God has endowed you for the assignment He has committed into your hands.
- God protects you.
- God sustains you- It hasn’t been you that kept yourself all this while, it is God that sustains you.
- God loves you- God will never stop loving you. God’s love is non-discretionary. It finds you even when you’re in regrettable places. You have to note that it doesn’t matter where you are or what you’re doing, God’s love is constant. And nothing else matters but this His love.
- God redeemed you
- God favours you- Before you, everyone else had been rejected and yet God favours you. You didn’t look like it, you didn’t seem qualified and yet you got the position against all odds, all because God favours you.
- God owns you-The proper response to ownership is service.
You lack the capacity to do anything for God, all that you can do in response to all the things He has done for you is service. That you let your life become an extension of God’s love to humanity. We exist to serve God.
What is serving God?
Serving God is using whatever you do to bring people to Christ. To bring people to Christ, to keep them in Christ and to grow them in Christ and it must not be restricted to what is done in church. Whatever I do, whatever I say and whatever I give such that it brings somebody to Christ, keeps them in Christ and grows them in Christ is service to God. Matthew 5:16 (KJV) – Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. The problem you have is that you are trying to talk to people about God when you are not good. So, question then becomes, what am I doing, what am I saying, what am I giving that is bringing, keeping and growing people in the church of God?
Church is what it is because of what people give, what people say and what people do. Inversely, what you don’t give, what you do and what you say can also destroy a church. So, how do we serve God, by what we say, by what we give. Give love, give empathy. Every time you are coming to church, always have on your mind, ask yourself, what am I going to say today, what am I going to do today that will make people come, stay and grow in this church. This is what is called serving God. Don’t be the reason people are not coming, staying or growing in the church. And in your career, your lack of excellence is blocking the sharing of the message about a good God.
Why do we serve God?
The common reason people give in church about serving God is because they Love God. However, that is not the only reason we have to serve God. Exodus 23:25 (KJV) – And ye shall serve the Lord your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee. The service of God attracts long live. God payment for your service transcends your lifetime or generation. The reward goes down the bloodline. Under-guard your prosperity with service, do not pursue prosperity without protection or preservation. Service to God is what protects you. Job 1:10 (KJV) – Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
Service to God brings honour.
Service makes you grow. It is when you serve that you truly know how much you’ve grown.