Text: Galatians 1:10-24
To restore means giving back something that was lost or taken away; it also means to bring back to existence and its original state.
Isaiah 1:26 says:
“And I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, the city of righteousness, the faithful city.”
Psalm 51:12 says:
“Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation and uphold me with thy free spirit.”
God is here to restore our prophetic destiny.
It is noteworthy that prophetic destiny is a pre declared divine place for us. Whatever you have achieved is nothing until you get to your purpose
which is the original intent of creation.
In life, we have Specific Personal Purpose and
General Specific Purpose. All of them define the destiny of man.
“All things worketh together for good unto those who love God and are called according to His Purpose”, this means therefore that you can’t love the lord if you don’t know your purpose.
Note the followings:
- Who am I: Your identity should be found in God. You should know your source. If you don’t know your source, you don’t know who you are. Your source gives you an identity. (Galatians 1:12)
- Why am I here?: Your life is a gift from God to you. Understanding your purpose is a gift to yourself. So, knowing the reason for your existence is important. Until you know your reason, you have no destination. Your excellence and speed is not a true test of direction. You can be going to the wrong place very fast. When God meets you, He redirects your path.
- Purpose reveals clarity therefore find purpose.
How to discover purpose
- Know your potentials: By this, you can answer the question: what can you do? “Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with thy might for there is no work nor wisdom in the grave.” ( Psalm 49:20)
- Know your passion: It is either you like it or hate something. When your passion and potential meet you, your power zone is empowered. Understanding your purpose is not enough but using it for the benefit of others is the key.
How to deploy purpose
- Start in the place of prayer because only God can really reveal to you who you really are.
- Seek counsel: “In the multitude of counsels there is counsel”. Don’t be shy to ask questions or seek counsel from leaders or people above you.
- Defend your purpose jealously: Stay away from distractors, disconnectors etc. What distracts us the most are the ‘good’ things but the ‘good’ things are not always the right things to do.